Moving Medicine Forward
The Division Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Head of the Division and division members with respect to their clinical, administrative, academic, and research initiatives. The Division Executive Assistant directly supervises the support staff of the Division and is responsible for managing the administration of the Divisional Head’s office.
(This is not a complete list):
- Assist in drafting, preparing and sending/distributing correspondence, such as letters of support, evaluation letters, and communication to division members on behalf of the Division Head.
- Collates and writes content for quarterly divisional newsletters; distributes to division and clinical team members.
- Responsible for approving and tacking sick leave, vacation and requests for overtime from administrative staff.
- Provides onboarding for new administrative staff and physicians; ensures IT account is set up appropriately including log on, access to required programs as well as to V drives and Teams folders; coordinates availability of a computer and work space for new staff.
- Creates office policies as required.
- Supervises administrative staff within the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism; including performance management and evaluations, recruitment of new staff, coaching, conflict resolution and discipline.
- Annually reviews administrative staff pay and assists physicians in determining pay increases.
- Post-secondary education in Administration or Business
- Post-secondary education in sciences/health administration is an asset
- 10 years recent related administrative experience.
- 3+ years experience supervising employees
- Experience working with an EMR software; experience with EPIC is a strong asset.
- Team building and leadership skills.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting the corresponding position title, by email at , by or by regular mail to Human Resources: Department of Medicine, Box 206, The Ottawa Hospital, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON K1H 8L6. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Support staff are employees of the hiring physician(s) or Division. The Ottawa Hospital is the paymaster of our employees. Although our employees have offices within the Ottawa Hospital, they are not employed by the Ottawa Hospital. The Department of Medicine is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. The Department of Medicine will, upon request, provide accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.