Moving Medicine Forward
The University of Ottawa Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Partnership is looking for a dedicated family physician/internist to provide full-time clinical services as a Most Responsible Physician (MRP) Hospitalist for TOHRC inpatient units.
TOHRC is recruiting a part-time Hospitalist (0.50 FTE).
TOHRC is a 70 bed hospital that provides tertiary and quaternary specialized care and rehabilitation for patients with physical disabilities and provides inpatient, outpatient and outreach services for patients with amputations, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, strokes, chronic lung disease, multiple sclerosis, chronic pain, musculoskeletal dysfunction, and communications disorders. The Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is one of 17 subspecialty divisions within the Department of Medicine of The Ottawa Hospital/University of Ottawa.
The Hospitalist will ensure the general medical care of inpatients admitted to TOHRC including but not limited to:
- Workload: approximately 10-12 beds (can range from 8-14)
- Hours of responsibility: Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm (no call, no weekends)
- Rotation is 3 weeks on, 1 week off
- A daily internal cross coverage system is in place to allow physicians to do other clinical work or activities after their routine rounding during work weeks
- Three In-patient rehabilitation units
- Access to electronic medical record (EPIC) and iPad (personal device can be used)
- IT support available on-site
Reporting directly to the Physiatrist–in-Chief, the successful candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) Degree
- Appropriate Certificate in medical practice from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Registration in good standing with the CMPA
- License in Ontario (or be eligible for licensure)
- Bilingualism (French/English) would be an asset.
- No overhead cost
- All billed services retained by the provider
- Physician may bill as the MRP physician for patient care
- Visits remunerated on a fee-for-service model under OHIP
The Department of Medicine is committed to ensuring equity, diversity and inclusion in our work environment. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous persons, visible minorities members (racialized persons), persons with disabilities, women, members of the LGBTQ2+ community as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with equitable, diverse and inclusive communities.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application including an up to date CV to:
Office of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
The Ottawa Hospital Rehabilitation Centre
Room 1104, 505 Smyth Rd,
Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8M2
By Fax: 613-737-6877