Moving Medicine Forward
Under the Business Manager's direction, the Medical Claims Clerk is responsible for sending and payment of invoices, monitoring incoming payments, and resolving revenue discrepancies. The Billing Clerk runs monthly reports, and ensures transactions and payments are recorded and tracked using various software packages.
(includes but not limited to):
- Organize and scan incoming payments.
• Reconcile payments received from all sources.
• Accepts and processes credit card payments from patients using Moneris.
• Reconciles and prepares weekly bank deposits; makes deposits at banking
• Utilizes SAGE software to:
Process/enter revenues from all sources (OHIP, RAMQ, TOH, OHRI, etc.)
Run monthly reports
- Monitor payments
Generate monthly statements
• Utilizes EPIC software to:
• Responsible for investigating received unmatched payments.
• Prepares monthly accounts receivable reports.
• Running receivable aging report, drafts correspondence for past due accounts and
collections, and follows up on past due payments.
• Assists with month-end and year-end tasks, including annual audit.
• Submit MCEDT and prepare RAMQ and commercial claim forms.
• Generate monthly statements and send them to customers.
• Assists with special projects and/or initiatives in realizing corporate and strategic
goals and objectives and/or creating process efficiencies.
- Receive, sort, and distribute Canada Post mail, both incoming and outgoing.
• Responds to communications (calls, messages, emails, etc.) in a timely manner.
• Maintains accurate records of all receivables, invoices, supporting documentation
and statements in accordance with office records retention policies and practices.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Provides coverage for absent team members, as directed.
• Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of current accounting/bookkeeping practices by
participating in educational opportunities.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in commerce, accounting, finance, or business administration.
- 3+ years' experience in accounts receivable, including handling various accounting tasks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current accounting/financial software including SAGE, MS Office Suite, and Adobe.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands, must possess effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently but is a team member with strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational skills; able to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Proficient verbal and written communication, including proofreading and editing skills required to draft or generate correspondence or documents.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, tact and diplomacy.
- Capable of adapting to a complex and changing work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Exercises sound judgment and a high level of confidentiality and discretion while working with sensitive and private information.
- Knowledge of OHIP Schedule of Benefits, RAMQ Manuel des médecins spécialistes.
- Experience using EPIC .
- Proficiency in English and French (Level B)
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting the corresponding Position Title, by email at , by or by regular mail to Human Resources:
Department of Medicine, Box 206,
The Ottawa Hospital, 501 Smyth Road,
Ottawa, ON K1H 8L6.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but only those under consideration will be contacted.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Support staff are employees of the hiring physician(s) or Division. The Ottawa Hospital is the paymaster of our employees. Although our employees have offices within the Ottawa Hospital, they are not employed by the Ottawa Hospital.
The Department of Medicine is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. The Department of Medicine will, upon request, provide accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.