Moving Medicine Forward
Under the direction of the Division Head or her/his representative, the Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support to division physicians, at multiple hospitals in the region, with respect to the administration needs of the division. The incumbent provides support to the academic training activities of the division. The Administrative Coordinator works in partnership with the divisional administrative support staff within the Division. Administrative support staff are required to work from various locations (Ottawa Hospital [TOH], Bruyere Continuing Care [EB], Queensway Carleton [QCH], Hôpital Montfort [HM], etc.) within the regional division of Palliative Care.
This is not a comprehensive list:
- Provides administrative support to the Divisional Education Committee.
- Organizes and schedules Integration Week activities.
- Upload and maintain current information in WebX according to service and learner schedules.
- Create, maintain and distribute TOH Thursday teaching schedule: coordinates meeting rooms, virtual meetings, etc. as needed.
- Assist and support orientation sessions as directed.
- Assist with access to Cancer Assessment Centre offices
- Email teaching event invitations
- Create, maintain and distribute learner Assignments for TOH teams; support learners
- Work with TOH education coordinator on ad-hoc basis (e.g. completing documentation on resident absences, updating orientation documents, etc.)
- Supports divisional rounds and centralizes Regional Academic Rounds operations: create, maintain and distribute schedule; communicate with speakers and arrange eventual travel and/or reimbursements; create virtual meetings and send invitations to participants; set up, receive and collate evaluations.
- Support the division education program during the accreditation process
- Answers phones and responds to messages in timely manner
- Developing, updating and maintaining a filing system for retention of information such as protocols, on-call schedules, minutes of meetings, etc.
- Assist the Division Head and Division EA with the administrative process of recruiting and credentialing physicians.
- Develops and maintains yearly service schedule for TOH, QCH and HM.
- Coordinates time off requests, tracking approvals and updating the schedule accordingly.
- 5-7 years recent related administrative experience. Preference will be given to those with experience in an academic medical environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Email applications, MS Office, and Adobe – preferred knowledge of One45, survey software and teleconferencing platforms.
- Experience working with databases.
- Preferred knowledge and/or experience with Hospital processes and policies as well as professional licensing bodies and associations.
- Proficiency in speaking and comprehending both English and French would be an asset
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time-management skills to coordinate
- Strong problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information;
- Initiative, tact, dedication, diplomacy and positive attitude;
- Highly dependable and thorough
To apply for this exciting opportunity,
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Support staff are employees of the hiring physician(s) or Division. The Ottawa Hospital is the paymaster of our employees. Although our employees have offices within the Ottawa Hospital, they are not employed by the Ottawa Hospital. The Department of Medicine is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. The Department of Medicine will, upon request, provide accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.